- 12:42 Christmas is over for another year. Let the gaming begin!
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Monday, December 21, 2009
- 20:06 Everyone in the world needs to see #Avatar This is a movie experience that's been sorely missing from theatres for years. Hollywood Magic!
- 07:57 Another friendly trip to the bloodlab. Sitting outside for 30 minutes in line with a bunch of miserable people waiting for bloodwork
- 15:03 Go see Avatar! It's the best, it's awesome, blue chicks are sexy ie. Smurfette, Planet Pandora is like a living glowstick, THANKS J.C. !!!
Friday, December 18, 2009
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
- 08:23 Class this week is a virtual machine smorg, 2 Linux servers, 1 NetWare server, 1 Windows server, 1 XP Workstation and 1 Linux workstation
- 12:50 On hold with Xbox Support, I've been escalated to the next level... Scary!
- 12:53 John Barrowman's boxer shorts are fetching huge money at auction. The Gay/SciFi community is loaded $$$
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
- 08:48 Trying Seesmic Desktop for Twitter and Facebook, easier to manage both from one place :)
- 11:34 Completed Borderlands on the Xbox 360 with Sly Dutchman last night. Are we insane for starting it all over again with the same characters?
- 11:48 Thank you Monster Energy drink... you get me through the hot afternoons in class without the dozzy's
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- 13:22 Day 1 of training, Installation of OES2 on SLES10
- 13:23 Day 2 of training, eDirectory and it's management through iManager
- 13:25 Trip Notes Personal - Lunch at Don Cherry's Grill, moved to the new 1 bedroom suite (upgrade from the bachelor suite).
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
The ignition switch failed and the battery is likely due for a replacement. Ken, the mechanic taught me a trick for bypassing the ignition switch so I was able to fire it up and could get a little work done. This week I'll get the replacement ignition installed.
Dad is buying a new tractor and offered to sell me his current blade so he could get a new one. I jumped at the chance because it's a good sized blade for my little Ford. Now I have the perfect blade for snow removal and it's easily adjustable as well. Made by Buhler of Manitoba it's a rock solid little blade called the Farm King 45.
If Santa delivers farm implements here is what I want under the Christmas tree (ha ha). It's called a Carry All and I found this one made in Australia that I like. There are numerous models from all over, but I like the mix of steel and wood on this one.
With a lift height equal to the box of a pickup it's just an awesome little tool for lifting anything heavy in or out of your pickup, or for just transporting stuff around the property like landscaping rock, debris, whatever.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
- 11:32 twitpic.com/lrg9j - Alberta bound with dad
- 11:33 twitpic.com/lrge7 - My stash of gadgets on the road :)
- 15:27 twitpic.com/lshax - Back in Jensen county. This was dads family farm.
- 15:33 twitpic.com/lsi6s - The old Jensen land for miles and miles
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Ok, call me crazy, but today I bought a tractor. Not a lawn tractor, I'm talking a real honest-to-goodness 1944 Ford 9N tractor.
Dad and I went and looked at it one last time and I bought it. At a whooping 9 mph I drove it home and enjoyed the sights along the way through Whitevale.
Once home, I took it to the back of the yard and pushed my old burn pile around for half an hour and got used to the hydraulics and rear mounted blade.
Why buy a tractor you might ask? Well the real goal is snow removal. I have a long driveway and I hope this will make fast work of the winter snow. After last years dump, I swore that I would be prepared this year, and for the same amount as a walk behind snow blower, I got an entire tractor! Over kill I know, but fun none the less. and next winter when I get my truck stuck, I won't have to call a tow truck I HAVE A TRACTOR!
Tractor Man Out!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
- 13:49 My Smart car is at the Mercedes dealer for it's engine and transmission firmware update. As a geek I love a car that get's firmware updates
- 13:51 In future models let's do the software updates via the Internet and WiFi in our driveway instead of the dealship. Crap, I bricked my car !
Friday, September 11, 2009
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
- 21:57 I uploaded a YouTube video -- Molly Practicing Riding www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDIyBUxAzBY&feature=autoshare_twitter
- 08:52 I uploaded a YouTube video -- Jensen Christmas 2008 bit.ly/2gvNE3
- 08:52 I uploaded a YouTube video -- Heaney Christmas 2008 bit.ly/euHnt
- 10:06 I subscribed to watchtheguild's channel on YouTube bit.ly/7WD9a
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Saturday, August 08, 2009
Yesterday Molly's voice started to sound a bit rough and her temperature started to rise. Last night I awoke to the sound of a dog barking, upon closer inspection it was Molly sneaking into our room suffering from a coughing fit. Her voice was so sore and the cough so harsh, she was absolutely beside herself in pain and worry. She just wanted to be with her mommy. I swear the cough didn't even sound human.
This morning she is no better, her little voice is almost completely gone and it's obvious every cough is painful and upsetting to her. She has a steady fever now, and with the right meds, and lots of rest, hopefully she'll recover this weekend.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Today however, the weather patterns changed and Lumby is now fully socked in with smoke from the fires. Air quality is bad and I hope the smoke doesn't linger too long in the little valley around us.
Our best wishes go out to the people and families who are much closer to the fires and having their lives and homes put at risk.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
I did some finishing work on the wall and garage door this morning, so everything is now closed in to my satisfaction. After a shower and shave I went back out for an hour and shot targets from the little range I set up a few week ago. The new Crosman pistol is more accurate than the Gamo, but both are fun to shot at pop cans and small paper targets. Molly came out and sat with me for a while and looked very goofy in her safety glasses. But it looked like she was having a great time.
It kind of sucks that I have to work on my birthday, but I get my cards and presents a day early, so I guess it all balances out :)
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Stupid + Luck = No Death (this time)
Friday, July 10, 2009
- Come visit the blog and check out the new look and feel.
- Sign up to a RSS Feed if your interested.
- Join up and become a Follower of the blog if you want.
- MOST IMPORTANT - Update your browser bookmarks so your pointing to the new site and not the old one. The correct new address is http://24bloom.com/ OR http://24bloom.blogspot.com/
Sunday, July 05, 2009
On the work side I installed a solid wood overhead garage door in the back of the shop and did LOTS of landscaping and clean-up back there so more walls and fence can be built. I want to close it all in and be finishing the interior walls this fall. By snow fall I should have some carpentry projects underway in the newly completed space.
On the fun side I spend the last few days gaming with Dave and we covered some solid ground. Just a few minutes ago we finished Gears of War 2 on Insane difficulty. It took lots of concentration and swearing to get past some of the fights but the satisfaction of earning all the gamer score at completion was worth it. I finally passed 19,000 after being stalled on gamer score for months!
I'm puttering away at Fallout 3 again and plan to finish finding all the Bobbleheads in the next few days as well.
Molly spent the week with her aunt Karon and cousin Rachel at Vasauex Lake with friends of their family from England. Molly had two little British girls to play with and it sounds like she had a blast. Kelly and her mom Darlene joined them at the lake mid-week after Kelly was able to get a few days of work under her belt. YES, Kelly is feeling better, healing better, and just taking it easy and letting the healing happen without over-doing it (a bad habit she has the moment she feels just a little bit better).So here we are, halfway through Sunday already, and the entire household is getting back to normal tomorrow.
- Aaren and Kelly head back to work.
- Molly is back on her regular schedule of Oma's, Nana's, daycare, and some fun summer programs.
- Jill is also back to the summer day progam and catching rides to Vernon with Kelly each day, so she doesn't have to ride the bus (she hates the bus)
Sunday, June 21, 2009
What a little teamster.
Friday, June 12, 2009
With a big brown bag of new pills and syringes we headed for home. Kelly is back in bed and we'll have a VERY quiet weekend at home with daily injections. KJ's back into the doctor Monday morning for followup and the next phase of treatment.
Some of you are aware this is the treatment that Pat her dad had when his knee infection got out of control a few years ago. He was on the PICC Line for months and it was not a fun experience for him or Darlene.
Essentially a PICC Line is a catheter inserted into your arm and fed through a large vein to a location near your heart. It's then sutured in place and bandaged so it won't move or come loose. Then you get a very stylish fanny pack that contains a battery operated pump and an IV bag.
In Kelly's case the IV bag will contain an even stronger antibiotic that will now be fed directly into her blood stream and not a pill that needs to be injested and absorbed.
It's a bit scary that it's gone this far, but it reassuring that the Doctors are united on the decision and treating it more seriously than over the last 4-5 weeks.
I'm heading up to the hospital with her in about 30 minutes for the insertion and training.
On a happy note Molly and her nana Darlene left for Calgary today. They are visiting Karon and family until the middle of next week. Darlene had a bit of excitement at the airport early this morning when she discovered that her 8:30 flight was scheduled for PM and not AM. WestJet was nice and moved her onto a mid morning flight (no charge) and they should be landing in Calgary around noon.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Super duper thanks to Rick, Van, & Bob for their incredible quality of work. Also thanks to all our friends who showed up to help on Sunday as we tore up the floors and prepped everything for Rick and Bob.
Thank goodness the lino wasn't glued down very well. It came up pretty easy and only took a few hours to completely remove.
Molly of course found a house free of furniture to be a wonderful new playground.
Doug and I doing what we could to help. Yes, I can sort boards...
And Molly can line up screws for Bob. Yippe no more squeeks in the floor.
Doesn't it look nice!
Monday, May 11, 2009
We went to Kamloops last week for the surgery and here are some pictures of the event. Kelly is home for the next two weeks recovering and healing.
The second waiting area complete with the backless gown.
Is my ass showing?
"Ok Kelly... the surgeon is ready for you now"
Post-Op - the recovery room is good!
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
I just spent the evening clean and reprogramming another arcade machine I purchased for my home arcade.
- Orientation: Horizontal
- Type: Raster: Standard Resolution
- CRT: Color
Maximum number of Players: 2
Control Panel Layout: Single Player
- Joystick: 8-way
- Buttons: 2
This is a fun side scroller with a good degree of difficulty. I reprogrammed it for Free Play, 5 Lives, Bonus Lives, and Normal Difficulty. I serviced and repaired the joystick and two buttons that were sticky, they are working fine now. I may still order some replacement buttons as the current buttons don't all match and a few of the colors are not correct for this game. That aside it's working great and that's all that matters when it's the new game :)
Tonight Molly offered her toy room (which is more like a storage room) for me to turn into an arcade room. I might take her up on her offer if she doesn't change her mind. She likes playing these old games as much as I do so it's not like she won't be able to play in that room anymore, it's just the "toys" that are different.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
- 08:09 Early day, started at at 5am. We went into V ernon to help with the People Place garage sale. A nice family event we all participated in.
- 08:10 Now it's breakfast at Denny's with free Wi-Fi. Another awesome netbook moment.
Monday, April 20, 2009
About a month ago I got excited about ordering a netbook. The Dell Mini 9 was the lone netbook on the market that had a few of my "must have" features so I decided to bite the bullet and order my first Dell.
I would love to rant and go into a long funny story of everthing that has happened since that fateful day, but instead I'll keep it short form.
- Ordered a Dell Mini 9 tweaked for my purposes including a carrying case.
- Got notice the next day that my order had shipped.
- One week later my package arrived, it contained the carrying case?
- After much digging around their website and clicking on every link related to my order I discovered the order had been broken into two shipments. The case shipped the day after the order was placed and the actual netbook would ship in 3-4 weeks.
- One month later the 2nd Dell package with the custom built netbook arrived. I plugged it in and turned it on and heard two beeps. Nothing else, just two beeps.
- 30 minute tech call to India and I've confirmed the memory is bad. A replacement chip will ship overnight. To my salvation I happen to have an older 512mb memory chip from another laptop so I can actually start playing with the netbook, however it's slow.
- Next day the new 2GB memory chip arrived, it's faulty.
- 40 minutes on the phone with India and they will ship another memory chip.
- A weekend of waiting and the next box from Dell arrives and I open it up. It's empty... no memory chip in the box!!!!!
- 30 minute tech call with India and they agree to attempt a 3rd shipment of a replacement memory chip. To prove the box is empty I need to send them a digital photo of the box?
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
An overnight charge of the battery and the 88' 560SEL purred to life Sunday morning. Molly and I checked the fluids and went a quick little drive down the road and back. I took some new pictures and re-listed the car on a few online classifieds. I hate to part with the old girl but I need the room and just can't keep her anymore. Molly might miss her more than I do.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Kelly's dad, Pat Heaney passed away Friday morning at the Vernon Jubilee Hospital. Pat had been battling lung cancer for almost a year and a half and had gone into the hospital the previous morning with a fever and a low white blood cell count.
His doctor was preparing his release papers Friday morning and Pat had already gotten up and shaved and dressed to go home. A nurse entered the room a few minutes later and he had passed on. It was a shock for everyone. We have been through many ups and downs related to his illness and everyone thought this was just another bump in the road.
Pat was a very well known person. With family, friends, and people met through his faith and professional life he was popular and liked by everyone. His funeral service will be held at the St. James Catholic church in Vernon this Wednesday at 11am.
Kelly and I have been with her family as much as possible over the last few days and will continue to do so for the rest of this week. Molly has taken the news well and has spent some time with us and the rest with my parents (a gesture we both have been very thankful for).
We miss you Pat, but there has been a lot of laughter as we reminisce about your time spent with us.
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Earth Hour invites one billion people in more than 2800 cities representing 83 countries to turn off their lights for one hour – tonight, Saturday, March 28 from 8:30pm to 9:30pm in their local time zone. On this day, cities around the world, including Paris, Sydney, London, Cairo, New York, Los Angeles and Cape Town, will join together to demonstrate their commitment to energy conservation and sustainability. Here's how you can participate:
- All you have to do to Vote Earth is turn your lights out for one hour tonight, Saturday, March 28 from 8:30pm to 9:30pm local time, in your city. Your light switch is your vote!
- Set your computer's power management and save up to $60 on your electricity bill and nearly half a ton of C02 over the next twelve months. Climate Savers Computing Initiative provides instructions on how you can save electricity all year long through efficient computing.
- Join Earth Connect and share your opinions about climate change through blogs, e-mails, and Twitter. The goal is to gather one billion words to present at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen in December.
- If you are affiliated with a college, help your university reduce its environmental impact by adopting green computing practices. Pledge to Power Down for the Planet and create a video to teach others about the importance of energy efficient computing in the fight against climate change.
Earth Hour is about more than dimming lights for sixty minutes; it’s about making a commitment to reduce energy consumption throughout the year. As Google's business grows, we want to make sure we minimize our impact on the Earth's climate through responsible environmental practices every hour, every day.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
- 08:49 The Irelands arrived in Vernon yesterday. Looking for a great visit this week. Ian Heaney is driving out today to join the fun as well
- 08:49 Molly got a new bike from her Nana. She is SO EXCITED she was riding it in the house last night
Monday, March 23, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
- 07:00 Happy Birthday Darlene, see you at dinner tonight.
- 10:28 Molly is excited about birthday cake with her Nana tonight. Maybe she'll let her blow out the candles?
- 14:49 Little Molly is sick again. looks like I'm taking her home and we'll miss the party tonight :(
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
- 07:30 The great week of home reno spending 2009 has been completed. Now I have to complete the work
- 08:39 Just unboxed new Cisco access points for the building wireless network. I'll need to order PoE Power Injectors before I can install them.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
- 07:13 I have a new appreciation for Disney's Pinnochio after watching the Blu-Ray version. As animation goes that's a groundbreaking film
- 15:05 I did some video captures from a Canon HDV video camera over the last few days. What AWESOME quality HD video from a camcorder
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
- 11:47 Seriously sore throat might be starting to clear up!
- 11:49 Bought a new Toro Zero Turn Lawn Mower yesterday. Saved a bunch on a demo unit and buying so early in the season :)
- 11:50 Kelly says as soon as the snow clears the Mercedes is back for sale. I agree as much as I'll miss that car. Mmmmm 560SEL Sedan
- 11:52 Happy Birthday Vanessa! Have a safe trip to Europe Ursula! Have a fun trip to Vegas Van, stay out of trouble.
Friday, March 06, 2009
- 08:48 I'm a growing fan of Lenovo computers. I've been buying more Lenovo products at home and work and they continue to impress me.
- 08:52 BattDepot.ca is a great site I discovered in Canada for replacement batteries and power adapters for your laptop computer.
- 09:19 My goal today is to remember that my desk is full of Purdy's chocolate. In the afternoon when I need em' I always forget they are there! :P
- 11:51 MMMMMMMM Friday!
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
- 09:40 You know your getting better when you get more sleep with less coughing fits that wake you up. And getting up in the morning is tougher
- 09:41 Kelly and I bought a memory foam topper for our bed. I thought we had a great mattress combo, but this is heaven.
- 12:59 Got a free Afro Samurai figurine at Future Shop today. They had extras to give away and I had lucky timing :)
Monday, March 02, 2009
- 11:47 Yippe back at work! I survived the super bug diet. Lose 10 lbs in a week with strep throat, 2 ears infections, and pink eye. Kill me!
- 11:48 Don't sneak up on my right side this week. The right ear is still totally blocked.
Thursday, February 05, 2009
- 09:08 Physiotherapy is legalized torture. But the next day it feels a little bit better
- 09:09 The roof of the local hardware store collapsed under the weight of our snow this winter. Now I get to worry about my house and garage.
- 12:04 Just used the Elections BC website to remove the name of the previous owner from my properties voters list. Simple and worked great!
Monday, February 02, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
- 09:07 My GMail gadget for Vista has stopped working. I'm sure Google has been tweaking GMail a lot lately and they broke someone elses gadget.
- 09:12 I've flipped to a more generic IMAP gadget called "WP-Corp Mail Check". I'll try that our for a while?
- 13:15 Tricky getting the right sized plugs for a HDMI and Toslink conenction to the back of a Xbox 360. Save your grief and buy the Elite model.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
- 08:13 Playing with Molly's XO Laptop, she gets up too early on Saturdays
- 08:20 We bought two new 42"HDTV's last night. One LCD and one Plasma. I get to play this weekend hooking them up.
- 08:24 The TV's are new to us, but actually refurbished/repaired used units. I've now bought 6 from same guy in the last 18 months. Great Deals!
- 16:59 Well it's done, both new TV's are working and everyone is happy with the upgrade. Kelly got back onto Wii Fit now that she has a larger TV.
- 17:01 Saturday night is Movie Night at the Jensen household. Jill has picked the new Dr. Doolittle movie for tonight. Yippee.