Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Price Is Right - Hybrid Quad


Behold the Canadian made T.G.M. Communications - - MQ-1 Hybrid Quad Antenna.

This is a HF compact 2 element antenna supporting 3 primary bands and one extra 'tuner' band. A friends advertised it locally for free, that was a price that I couldn't pass up.
  • 20m
  • 15m
  • 10m
  • 6 meters (tuner required)
More to come as I set it up and put it through it's paces.

UPDATE (8/16/2018) I've had a 'new old stock' light duty antenna rotor kit on a shelf for about 5-6 years. I'm guessing it's a good match for this small antenna on my roof.

UPDATE (8/18/2018) At the advice of the previous owner I ordered a 1:1 balun to go with the antenna. I'll hold off installation until that arrives next week.

UPDATE (8/19/2018) Why wait for the balun (ha ha) I had everything needed to go ahead with the physical installation. Now when the balun arrives I can wire it up and tune. :)




73

No comments: