Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's Official - Christmas Came Early - I have a Callsign (VA7AEJ)

From: Aaren Jensen
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:23 AM
To: Spectrum, Amateur, OS_NOD
Subject: My Christmas Gift from Industry Canada

Dear Santa

This fall I drove a long distance two nights a weeks to take a Amateur Radio Basic course with the club in Salmon Arm BC. My local club decided not to run a class this year and Salmon Arm was generous enough to welcome me into theirs, even though it was already underway. I spent more time in the car driving to and from each class, then I did in the classroom but it was all worth it.

I drove and I studied, I studied and I drove, and my wife and daughter missed me terribly for those two months.

On Tuesday Dec 13th I passed my exam with honors and since then I've eagerly awaited for my callsign to appear in your database. I'm starting to feel that I might be developing a mental disorder, like an obsessive compulsive behavior?

Each day since is like this...

  •  awake and login to the database and search for my name and callsign.
  •  drive to work and login to the database and search for my name and callsign.
  •  look for free moments throughout the day and login to the database and search for my name and callsign.
  •  drive home and login to the database and search for my name and callsign.
  •     stop by my computer just before bed and login to the database and search for my name and callsign.

On Monday you had a problem with your database and it was offline for most of the day. Santa, honestly I thought I broke it! I was waiting for a phone call asking me to stop checking the database!

Santa, today is my last day at work, I start my Christmas holidays tomorrow, and all I want for Christmas is my Amateur Radio Callsign.

I know Santa you are very busy this time of year and you have many many elves taking their holidays as well, I'm not asking to be put on top of the pile or get any type of preferential treatment.

I just needed to express my Christmas wish.

Merry Christmas :)


--
Aaren Jensen
Lumby B.C. Canada

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Spectrum.Amateur@ic.gc.ca wrote:

Hello Aaren,

Your application will be processed this week. We have a back-log of applications and the service standard is 3 weeks for processing these applications. Accredited examiners can also submit exam results directly online and a call sign can be selected immediately and is then immediately assigned.

Regards,
Amateur Radio Service Centre | Centre de service pour la radio amateur
Spectrum Management Operations Branch |
Direction générale des opérations de la gestion du spectre
Industry Canada | Industrie Canada
P.O. Box 9654 Station T, Ottawa ON K1G 6K9
C.P. 9654 Succursale T ,Ottawa ON K1G 6K9
Telephone | Téléphone 1-888-780-3333
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-991-5575
spectrum.amateur@ic.gc.ca
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


From: Aaren Jensen
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:29 PM
To: Spectrum, Amateur, OS_NOD
Subject: Re: My Christmas Gift from Industry Canada

Thanks Santa

Merry Christmas!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Thur, Dec 22, 2011 at 6:41 AM
Spectrum.Amateur@ic.gc.ca wrote:

Hello Aaren,

This is to let you know that Christmas has come early this year. Happy holidays, enjoy.


From Santa


P.S. Don't forgot the milk and cookies!
 

Amateur Radio Service Centre | Centre de service pour la radio amateur
Spectrum Management Operations Branch |
Direction générale des opérations de la gestion du spectre
Industry Canada | Industrie Canada
P.O. Box 9654 Station T, Ottawa ON K1G 6K9
C.P. 9654 Succursale T ,Ottawa ON K1G 6K9
Telephone | Téléphone 1-888-780-3333
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-991-5575
spectrum.amateur@ic.gc.ca
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

No comments: