Sunday, July 05, 2020

A Home Based Enterprise Network System


The UniFi® Enterprise System delivers a breakthrough combination of performance, reliability, and scalability with top performance/price value. Intuitive management software featuring a graphical user interface is bundled with the UniFi hardware at no extra cost – no licensing fees or support costs.

Over the last six months or so I've been slowly gathering a collection of network components from Ubiquiti's UniFi product line.

This weekend I finally had enough key pieces that the system unlocked a ton of new features. Prior to this weekend I only had a couple access points (as these work with any network) and I managed them with a virtual server running the UniFi Controller software.

Now, I have added the CloudKey (which replaced my VM controller), and a Unifi Security Gateway (USG) which replaced my old home router.

The CloudKey and USG unlocked my ability to get a ton of system data and features from a mobile app as well as control it remotely from anywhere I have my phone or a web browser.

I'm eyeing a couple more UniFi components to complete the system, but so far I'm very pleased.

No comments: